Bakery Direct Green Policy
At Bakery Direct, we are committed to being environmentally aware. By actively supporting programs that reduce our company’s environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance we are making this an important part of our business operating procedures and day to day running.
We are doing our bit by:
- Firstly, our couriers: we use the 3 with the smallest carbon footprint, two of which have a neutral carbon footprint. Using hybrid vans and constantly updating technology to be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We have implemented a reduction of material, water and energy consumption and waste.
- Reusing to reduce waste - we reuse cardboard boxes and other packaging materials wherever possible to pack and send out our parcels. This includes bubble wrap and other non- recyclable plastics. Meaning new products are only used when 100% necessary.
- 99% of our products are made in the UK and EU – reducing their carbon footprint.
- All our products are sustainable. Whether that means Compostable, Recyclable or Biodegradable.
- Our lighting systems in warehouse and offices are all LED - which are up-to 80% more efficient.
- We review and renew our products regularly making sure we have the most planet friendly options as possible.
- Many of our products, such as the table-covers and greaseproof liners are made of 100% recycled paper.
- All wooden products are made from renewable, sustainable, managed forests.
We Recognise that we have a responsibility to the environment to meet or exceed legislative and regulatory requirements.